Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden Game Journal - Part 3

 10/12/2020 -

So after rescuing Kanji, I make good progress on some social links and social stats. I also happen to unlock Tanaka's shopping show. This guy was great in Persona 3. I could only buy stuff for the 1st week though, as I spent the rest of my money on a Mega Beef Bowl which did wonders for my social stats. I also read Beginner's fishing, so i'm looking foward to some fishing. We meet up with Kanji and he joins our party. I am hoping I can unlock his S-link soon.

The crew meets up at Junes and does some actual detective work, which is really cool. I like games that do stuff like that. Even if you already know the solutions or twists, it's still nice to see the characters deduce them. Anyways I unlock the scooter and head back to the Bathhouse to grind and fight the optional boss.

- Intolerant Officer

Ok so he's not really that hard, he just takes a while to take down. His Bufu attacks were troublesome, as Rasakasha is weak to it so he defeated me. On the 2nd attempt, I actually won since I chose to use Power instead, who while doesn't have Rasakasha's strength, does have the buffs and debuffs I need. Also Yukiko kept evading his ice attacks so that was good. He did get 2 lucky shots though and killed her, but I revived her right after. It wasn't really a notable fight though.

So after that I scoured Yukiko's castle for extra money and those table shadows for a request. I spend the next day completing requests and stuff. More social life stuff happens, and then Yosuke, Kanji and head to Okina City where we have one of those Operation Babehunts that the recent Persona games likes to do. I get some lady's phone number. This then leads to an actually funny scene with the lady's father. After that, we are introduced to Hanako, who is some ugly bitch who wrecks Yosuke's new motorcycle. Damn I feel bad for him. It feels like his butt-monkey status is gonna go too far to be funny soon.

When the camping trip happens, the girls makes some shitty food, and then we all spend the night in a tent. The next day swimsuit stuff happens and Yukiko has some really violent reflexes i just noticed that. Anyways, we get introduced to everyone's favorite simp, Rise. She appears on the midnight channel so the guys go investigate it. There's this nice short casual conversation about tofu Yosuke should get and it was kinda charming. I dunno, just sudden casual conversations like that really sells stuff for me.

Like, it can be funny like in Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but it can be charming in things like this. It really sells the idea that the Investigation Team are real friends, unlike S.E.E.S. in the previous game, which was a more professional group. Does that make sense? Sorry for the ramble.

After talking with her we do a stakeout and then meet some shmuck fan who, suprise suprise, isn't the culprit. That night, Rise appears on the midnight channel proper and decide to go to the tv world to investigate, which we find Teddie having a crisis. Yu cheers him up and then starts the Star S-Link. We then start searching for clues. I then accidently start the Empress S-link. Not that i'm complaining. I tried to fuse Ose but fucked up and accidently replaced Power Slash with Evade Fire. I swear never allow those skill mutations happen mark my words.

So I tell the clues to Teddie and then he takes us to Marukya Striptease. I power through the dungeon until the 7th floor. And then it crashed. Great. I gave up and closed the game. I'll finish it twomorrow.

10/17?/2020

Oh god I waited too long to write this part. Ok lemme see if I can remember what happened. I made it to the end without any more trouble, used a goho-m to refill on SP and fused some better personas, then went to fight the next 2 bosses.

- Shadow Rise

Wow, those animations sure are wild to say the least. Glad no one was behind me when I was fighting her. She wasn't hard, got through the sripted part. Then Teddie pulls an epic move and kills her, which results in him having some goofy portaits.


Teddie then haves an existential crisis which results in him shitting out a shadow, who is actually kinda creepy. His booming voice and high iq talk-say is pretty unnerving. It gets mad and I enter the real boss of this dungeon.

- Shadow Teddie

Ok, so this guy was actually a bit of a challenge, and i've been waiting for a good challenge. Teddie sports a lot of health and a lot of strength so killing him took a while. All of his attacks are telegraphed by a buff or debuff though, so it's easy to tell what he will do. He knows some strong ice spells, which is trouble for Yukiko and I, who has all of my good buffs on a Pyro Jack. Thankfully, I had a King Frost with some debuffs and a Ganga with Crazy Chain, so I was doing alright actually.

Yosuke took a lot of damage and Kanji, favoring physical attacks, doesn't have much to spare, so I had to keep healing them. Now, when he was down to less than a quarter, he started charging his Nihil Hand. I got cocky and thought I could cancel it. The buffs ran out and I couldn't cancel it, despite dealing at least 800 damage to him. He does his attack and I got EXTREMLY lucky as my party manages to dodge it. I continue to beat him down and when went really reckless and started to spam my attacks until he's down. It was so fucking satisfying dude. First try too.

So, we left with Rise and spent the rest of the deadline days with social links, even started Kanji's. Did a lot since I completed the dungeon on the first day. After making good progress on all that, it turns out Mooruka has been killed. Crap, I kinda liked him. Everyones in dispair over this but they quickly get re-motivated.

Then it turns out Teddie has come to reality, where he reveals his human form, which makes Chie and Yukiko wet. As the rest goes off to get ice cream, Chie does a shitty thing and used Yosuke's money to buy sharp clothes for Teddie without even telling him, putting him into deeper debt. Yosuke gets rightfully angry. After they fight Rise joins our team alongside Teddie. Then we get properly introduced to Naoto and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment